ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Gardner, David" <david_gard...@mentorg.com>
Subject RE: Setting basedir seems broken now
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 18:50:19 GMT

After a bit more probing...  I'm not sure what is _supposed_ to be
happening, but I can tell you what _is_ happening

The ProjectHelper class contains the code which sets the basedir.  In my
case, since I'm not setting an environment variable, the code that gets
executed is (line 240):

        project.setBasedir((new File(buildFileParent,
baseDir)).getAbsolutePath());

And in my case,

        buildFileParent = "C:\qdsdev\bin" (the directory where I'm running
ant)
        baseDir = "c:\qdsdev" (from the build.xml file)

Now, getAbsolutePath() returns "C:\qdsdev\bin\c:\qdsdev" which is simply the
buildFileParent and baseDir concatenated.

Then, project.setBasedir() executes the following code:

        setBaseDir(new File(new File(baseD).getCanonicalPath()));

        (baseD = "C:\qdsdev\bin\c:\qdsdev")

at which time getCanonicalPath throws an IOException

--

Again, I don't really know what the intention of the author was here so I'm
not going to propose a fix.  Maybe this helps explain the problem though.

Regards,
David Gardner
david_gardner@mentor.com <mailto:david_gardner@mentor.com>