ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Possible InstallSheild task [ WAS: Re: Using {ex,in}cludesfilein <javac>]
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:23:13 GMT
--- Ken Wood <kwood@i2.com> wrote:
> I agree. We don't use installshield java edition,
> we use Professional edition, and I run it via
> an exec.
>
> I'm still leery of doing EVERYTHING as a task when it
> can be trivially done another way. Again, my fear
> of turning Ant into an Elephant...

Sounds good to me -- I haven't even looked at InstallShield yet... I was
just asking whether it was the sort of thing that would merit being a
task. I find <exec> fine for lots of things as well, and <java> for that
matter (eg., I don't use any of the javacc tasks, I just use <java> with
the needed class, etc., in conjunction with an <uptodate> on the generated
files).

Thanks,
Diane

=====