ant-dev mailing list archives

From "David Medinets" <medi...@mtolive.com>
Subject Re: Couple of mods to <javac>
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:20:26 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com>
> isn't valid enough to go in, then I guess I'll have to live with that.
> (Actually, come to think of it, I'll need to anyway, if my suggestion to
> get rid of the extra line of space between the target-names in the logging
> output doesn't get picked up either, and since I never heard anything back
> from anyone about that one, I'm guessing it won't be. So, oh well...)

The beauty of open source is that you don't have to live with behavior you
don't like. And with java's ability to inherit behaviors through
subclassing, you should be able to make your changes without needing to
rejigger the original source code each time.

Let me know if you need help with the subclasssing aspect. If I recall
correctly you said you were new to java - although you seem quite compentent
to me!

david