ant-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <russg...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Problem with javac task and JDK 1.1
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:00:11 GMT
At 6:44 AM -0400 7/12/00, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> RG> At 11:55 PM -0400 7/11/00, Conor MacNeill wrote:
>
> >> Can you run ant at verbose level to see what ant thinks the JDK
> >> version is.
>
> RG> ant thinks I am running JDK 1.2.2, which I was, yesterday. Does
> RG> ant cache the version?
>
>No. If Ant thinks you are using JDK 1.2 this means it could find
>java.lang.ThreadLocal in your CLASSPATH. Maybe rt.jar from your 1.2.2
>installation has somehow slipped into the CLASSPATH you supply to Ant?

It seems to be a configuration problem rather than anything to do with Ant. While "javac"
runs the JDK 1.1.8 compiler, "java" is running the JDK 1.2.2 JVM - which is odd, as I do not
see it in my path...

Russell Gold                     | "... society is tradition and order
russgold@acm.org    (preferred)  | and reverence, not a series of cheap
russgold@netaxs.com              | bargains between selfish interests."
rgold@thesycamoregroup.com       |   - Poul Anderson, "Iron"