ant-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <russg...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Another stupid new user question
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 20:45:46 GMT
At 2:20 PM -0400 7/5/00, Enrico Maldia wrote:
>Enrico Maldia wrote:
>
>> Hi Again
>>
>>        When trying to compile a directory using the javac. In the
>> classpath parameter relative or direct path doesn't seem to work.  Is
>> there a way to get around this? Any help would be great.
>>
>> Here is the syntax that I'm using
>>
>>         <java scrdir=""${src}"
>>                   destdir="${buildpath}"
>>                  classpath="/home/whatever/jarfile/jarfile.zip"
>>                  debug="on"
>>         />

The first thing that I see is that you are using "java" (which runs a program) rather than
"javac" (which compiles a program). Is that what you intended to do?

The second thing is that IF you do mean to invoke "java" rather than "javac" your parameters
are wrong. In particular, you are trying to set the classpath on a java task. If you do mean
to do that, you should also include the parameter 'fork="yes"' to make ant start a separate
java process for which it can set the classpath.

Russell Gold                     | "... society is tradition and order
russgold@acm.org    (preferred)  | and reverence, not a series of cheap
russgold@netaxs.com              | bargains between selfish interests."
rgold@thesycamoregroup.com       |   - Poul Anderson, "Iron"