ant-dev mailing list archives

From be...@netscape.com (Patrick Beard)
Subject Re: Mac Patches for JShell
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:03:34 GMT
At 10:56 AM +0200 7/31/2000, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>Hi Patrick,
>
>nice to see somebody is using Ant on the Mac. I was starting to wonder
>if all the assumptions we made actually worked out there as well.

>  PB> Here are slightly cleaner patches for the Mac
>
>I don't see how this is expected to work, could you please help me out
>a little.
>
>When invoking <exec> you get to the ExecTask class not Exec, your
>changes to Exec only effect those classes that extend Exec - and I'm
>hoping to get all of them converted to not do so during the next two
>weeks.
>
>If I apply your patches <exec> won't change the directory at all
>(under MacOS that is), and user.dir won't get changed either. Actually
>we'd want to change it back after the exec so we'd need further
>modifications to Execute anyway, right?

That's correct. Probably the user.dir change should occur right
around the "new Process()" call and be restored after.

>The check you propose for Exec !dir.equals(project.resolveFile("."))
>will only check whether dir is the project's base dir. basedir and the
>current working directory of Ant could be different though.

Fine. I was  just hacking a bit. Let's figure this out a little more
carefully. I was attempting to follow the lead of the windows code
here.

- Patrick
--

// Patrick C. Beard
// Java Runtime Enthusiast -- "Will invoke interfaces for food."