ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: [BUG] ANT task
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:59:52 GMT

 JG> Glen_Stampoultzis@ansett.com.au wrote:

 >> The ant task seems to ignore the basedir setting for the project.

 JG> I also had problems with this: in fact it seems to base things
 JG> off the current VM working directory (even worse).

No it's even worse than that. Ant didn't resolve the base dir specified
in the build file relative to the directory the file was located but
to the current working directory.

That means if you have a build.xml in foo with basedir="." and call it
one level above foo, the basedir would be set to the dir above foo not
foo.

I've commited a patch that changes the behavior to be more consistent
with the rest of Ant - but I wonder how many processes relied on
this. Going to have a close look to the "do I need to change the
directory" logic in Exec for example.

Stefan