ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: sqlplus ant task
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:04:39 GMT

 LJ> Where do I get the <sql> task you mentioned?

You'll need the latest CVS snapshot to have it.

I think you can build a version of Ant that includes <sql> if you use
the Ant 1.1 sources and retrieve docs/index.html, docs/sql.html,
src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/SqlExec.java and
src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/defaults.properties
and build a fresh Ant from it. This is if you don't want to get the
latest nightly build containing new features/bug fixes and bugs.

 LJ>  Do you know if it can run a .sql file?

I think it will do almost everything you want out of the box as long
as you have a working JDBC driver.

It does read the statements one by one and expects them to be
separated by ; This may or may not be true for your setup (defining
stored procedures might be a problem here) - but it should give you a
good starting point.

 LJ> I wanted to make sure that the file existed after the attempt to
 LJ> get it from source safe.  The build hangs if it cannot find one.

hmm, you can check using the available task and put the exec task into
a target that has an if attribute checking for the property set by
available - think I'm repeating myself.

Stefan