ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject <src> element in <javac> task
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:45:38 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to make the nested src element a FileSet instead of a Path
(and add a <srcref> element to reference filesets used anywhere else).

This would change some things

(1) <src> would take different attributes and had no idea what
"a/b:c/d" would mean.

(2) Each <src> would have its own set of include/exclude patterns -
which might be a good thing or not. And we could reuse patterns
previously defined via fileset's <patternsetref> element.

(3) Classes invoking Javac.setSrc() directly would break.

(1) has the potential to break build files, (3) to break custom
tasks. But I think FileSet is the more natural choice than Path.

Comments?

Stefan