ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject The new SQLExec task
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:03:34 GMT
First off, thanks Jeff, looks like this is the task I've always needed
but didn't realize so.

Some small ideas that could be implemented quite fast - and I'm going
to do it unless Jeff want's to do it himself or anybody convinces me
that it is a bad idea.

(1) Remove the sql attribute and add a addText(String) method, making
the task accept #PCDATA. So

<sql ... sql="CREATE TABLE Bla (id INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY); INSERT INTO Bla VALUES(42);"
/>

write

<sql ...><![CDATA[
  CREATE TABLE Bla (id INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY);
  INSERT INTO Bla VALUES(42);
]]></sql>

looks more readable to me.

(2) add a boolean autocommit attribute (default false) to submit all
Statements in a single transaction.

(3) rename the inputfile attribute to src to make it consistent with
the <script> task - they serve the same purpose.

(4) check for warnings and report them - maybe only in verbose
logging.

Stefan