ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: The new SQLExec task
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:00:07 GMT

 >> (1) Remove the sql attribute and add a addText(String) method,
 >> making the task accept #PCDATA. So

 CM> I actually added that bit so you could so things without needing
 CM> an external file. No objections to you changing that. The
 CM> semicolon processing is not presently part of the sql attribute
 CM> handling so you would need to add that,

I thought about moving the processing to a runStatements(Reader)
method that would be called with a FileReader or StringReader
depending on circumstances.

 CM> or have a nested element approach such as <sql> <statement>
 CM> <statement> </sql>

 CM> This removes the delimiter processing which might be attractive.

I have a strong RDBMS background and putting a ; at the end of my SQL
statements is more than natural for me - and you would need the
processing for files anyway.

What do others think of this?

Stefan