ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: incrementing a build number
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:30:54 GMT

 SB> By 'script task' do you mean the Exec task to run a bat file.

No, actually I was referring to the optional task named script, which
is so underdocumented that I'd have to read the code (and probably the
docs of BSF and a few other things) to know how to do it.

But in fact you could use an Exec task - didn't think about that
myself - to increment the number inside the file. I don't see a way to
feed that number back into Ant /after/ you've changed it. Maybe make
the value /before/ you change it the version number and increment it
with an exec task for the next pass of Ant?

Stefan