ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Set project based excludes?
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:56:36 GMT

 CT>   I find it convenient to be able to change the default excludes
 CT> or set the exclude list for the entire project.  Can we add this
 CT> feature?  It requires changes to some of the core classes.

Cuong, please take a look at the changes I've just committed. This
adds patternset and patternsetref nested elements to FileSet and
MatchingTask.

The way they are supposed to work:

<directory_based_task1>
  <patternset id="the_helper_files">
    <include name="**/*.properties" />
    <include name="**/*.txt" />
  </patternset>
  <exclude name="**/1.txt" />
</directory_based_task1>

<directory_based_task2>
  <patternset>
    <exclude name="**/*.java" />
  </patternset>
  <patternsetref refid="the_helper_files" />
</directory_based_task2>

this will automatically add the patterns of set the_helper_files to
directory_based_task2.

What's still missing of course is a way to define sets like these
outside of a task to get global (property like) sets.

I'm planning to do similar things for path structures and
filesets. Documentation will follow.

Stefan