ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: [RFE] Expansion of paths in Path task
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:44:01 GMT

 PD> Hi, Is there any chance of getting some expansion occuring in the
 PD> Path/PathSet/whatever rather than relying on task doing the
 PD> work. The main reason I can see is that I want to do something
 PD> like

 PD> <java ... classpath="lib/*.jar" ... />

 PD> Comments ?

There is some code in Javac that does something similar to emulate the
extension dir mechanism of JDK 1.2+ when using Jikes. The code doesn't
exactly do what Javac does as Javac doesn't care for the extension -
so we don't even need JarFileNameFilter.

Something like this could probably added to Path, you're right. I'm
going to add it to my list and revisit it if nobody gets there faster
than me.

Stefan