ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Chmod, directories and file permissions
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:05:50 GMT

 AS> Speaking of file permissions, why doesn't copydir/copyfile
 AS> preserve them? This mishap requires me to chmod them "manually"
 AS> when copying files over from the build directory to lib.

This is a platform specific issue, no windows user would want useless
chmod attempts in copydir of course.

Even worse Java doesn't have a notion of file permissions. To find out
what the original permissions might have been you'd need to evaluate
the result of a (forked) stat call for each file. Seems like a lot of
work for Ant to do.

Stefan