ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: implicit filtering
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:09:06 GMT

 CM> Since we are on the topic of implicit things, I find the concept
 CM> of filtering applied to copydir way too implicit.

Note that this is not only true for <copydir>, <javac> did the same as
long as the "copying support files" behavior was there.

 CM> I would like to see <filterref> use with copydir.

To explicitly restrict the filters to use? Say I have

<target>
  <filter token="token1" value="value1" id="filter1" />
  <filter token="token2" value="value2" id="filter2" />
  <copydir src="src" dest="dest">
    <filterref refid="filter1" />
  </copydir>
</target>

would apply the first filter but not the second? No filterrefs means
filters get ignored? This will sure break some build files but, yes, I
like it.

Stefan