ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Mac Patches for JShell
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 08:56:06 GMT
Hi Patrick,

nice to see somebody is using Ant on the Mac. I was starting to wonder
if all the assumptions we made actually worked out there as well.

 PB> Here are slightly cleaner patches for the Mac

I don't see how this is expected to work, could you please help me out
a little.

When invoking <exec> you get to the ExecTask class not Exec, your
changes to Exec only effect those classes that extend Exec - and I'm
hoping to get all of them converted to not do so during the next two
weeks.

If I apply your patches <exec> won't change the directory at all
(under MacOS that is), and user.dir won't get changed either. Actually
we'd want to change it back after the exec so we'd need further
modifications to Execute anyway, right?

The check you propose for Exec !dir.equals(project.resolveFile("."))
will only check whether dir is the project's base dir. basedir and the
current working directory of Ant could be different though.

Stefan