ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Fennell" <tfe...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: Optional EJB tasks (was RE: Subpackages of ...taskdefs.optional)
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 11:28:06 GMT
Okay, here is the code. I hope people don't mind the attachment, but it's
quite large!

If this is useful to anyone, I'd love some feedback on the utility of some
things I am thinking of doing with it:

- Change from having the main class implement DocumentHandler to having an
inner class and using the javax.xml pluggability instead of
org.xml.sax.helper...
- Splitting into two classes: main EJB1.1 scanner with a callback Task
mechanism for registering the appserver(s) proprietary tools, this way the
bulk of the work, assembling the jar in the first place, could be used by
any EJB1.1. task. Any better ideas?
- Changing the naming standard reliance for the WL descriptors (right now,
must be beanName-weblogic-ejb-jar.xml) to be based on the original
deployment descriptor with some simply pattern matching (e.g. you specificy
upto the first '-' or something like that). This would allow more flexible
naming, and also package or multi-package jars not just single-bean jars.

-t

ps. This is the task from my current build.xml:

  <target name="ejbs" depends="classes">
    <ejbgen srcdir="${destDir}"
            destdir="${destDir}"
            includes="${ejbdds}"