ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Fennell" <tfe...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: Calling a task from another task directly?
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 18:52:50 GMT
I sent a task to the list that does EJB1.1 and WL5.1 ejb jar creation about
a week ago. It works well for the most part, and at least one other person
has had sucess with it. Take a look back at the 'Optional EJB tasks' thread.

If you'd like me to resend it directly let me know.
-t

-----Original Message-----
From: James Higginbotham [mailto:james@momentumsoftware.com]
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2000 18:16
To: Ant-Dev
Subject: Calling a task from another task directly?

All,

I have a possible need to execute the building of a JAR for generating a
pre-deployment EJB in WebLogic. I have considered constructing a custom task
to handle the creation of the JAR and calling WebLogic's EJBC althougher,
rather than forcing the build.xml file to first define a JAR task and then
calling my EJBC task. If I did this, would this break a design guideline of
Ant? Is there a better alternative? I know that Conor is working on a
WebLogic task, but it is only supporting WL 4.5.1, and my beef is with WL
5.1 which uses .jar files rather than .ser files for doing all of the
generation magic. Thoughts, suggestions?

Regards,
James