ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: The new SQLExec task
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:45:23 GMT
Stefan,

> First off, thanks Jeff, looks like this is the task I've always needed
> but didn't realize so.
>
> Some small ideas that could be implemented quite fast - and I'm going
> to do it unless Jeff want's to do it himself or anybody convinces me
> that it is a bad idea.
>
> (1) Remove the sql attribute and add a addText(String) method, making
> the task accept #PCDATA. So
>
> <sql ... sql="CREATE TABLE Bla (id INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY);
> INSERT INTO Bla VALUES(42);" />
>
> write
>
> <sql ...><![CDATA[
>   CREATE TABLE Bla (id INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY);
>   INSERT INTO Bla VALUES(42);
> ]]></sql>
>
> looks more readable to me.

I actually added that bit so you could so things without needing an external
file. No objections to you changing that. The semicolon processing is not
presently part of the sql attribute handling so you would need to add that,
or have a nested element approach such as
<sql>
  <statement>
  <statement>
</sql>

This removes the delimiter processing which might be attractive.

Everything else is cool.

Conor