ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: Incremental Compilation and ant
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:33:17 GMT

Peter, Well I know you like Jikes :-) Not everyone, however, chooses to use
Jikes. I would like to see whether everyone not using Jikes is content to
delete their whole tree to guarantee that their compilations are valid.

> This can be fixed with a reference in B like
>
> private static final Class A_DEPEND = A.class;
> or
> private static final A = null;
>
> Another approach I used to use pre jikes is automatically
> generate files in
> each package that references each class. ie in each package a generated
> file like
>
> public class DependsCompilePack
> {
>  public static final Class CLASS1_DEPEND = Class1.class;
>  public static final Class CLASS2_DEPEND = Class2.class;
>  public static final Class CLASS3_DEPEND = Class3.class;
> }

Personally I have never really liked having to add code, which does nothing,
merely to force the compiler to behave in certain ways. Of course, it is
necessary to do sometimes, but it is error prone. People forget to add these
bits of code. All IMHO, of course.

Conor