ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Malcolm Sparks" <malcolm.spa...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Controling the environment for exec tasks
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2000 12:51:13 GMT
I was just thinking the same thing. Actually,
java.lang.Runtime's exec method is overloaded
to take a string array with the environment
vars set in name=value syntax. I've used this
before.

Unfortuately, the Exec taskdef doesn't make
use of this facility.

Since many environment variables are pathnames,
it would be very handy if ant used it's
pathname conversion stuff to ensure paths worked
on all platforms.

Malcolm