ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Laird" <Laird.Nel...@time0.com>
Subject RE: Style task
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:20:24 GMT

(Warning: ant-newbie alert)

In general, it looks like conditional execution is something that the ant
folks deliberately stayed away from because it's one of the things that's
most confusing about make.  Am I right?  On the other hand, it's something
that people ask for as they get comfortable with ant.  Hell, it probably
crept into make (I'm not sure of make's history) in exactly the way that
it's starting to tentatively poke at creeping into ant.  :-)  That is,
adding one feature never seems to be that big a deal; it's *dealing* with
the whole bucket of features (from a user's perspective) that makes things
like make complicated.

Cheers,
Laird