ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <dun...@x180.com>
Subject Re: [RFE] Default Help target on error ?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:07:16 GMT
on 7/24/00 5:27 PM, Peter Donald at donaldp@mad.scientist.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have another request for enhancement :P. Would it be possible to specifiy
> the help target in project. If the user tries to build a target that
> doesn't exist they can then be told to run "ant <insertname of help
> target>" to get help or else it could be automatically run.

ant -help works for ant related help. Other than that, I'm -1 on any "magic"
target names. In this case, mainly because help is info that should be
output to the user, not something that can potentially fire off a set of
tasks.

If a <help> or <about> section is being proposed to be added to the
<project> which would give info about this particular project, I'm not
opposed to that.

.duncan