ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <dun...@x180.com>
Subject Re: XSLT (was Re: Immutable Properties in 1.1?)
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 20:32:56 GMT
on 7/21/00 7:38 PM, Jose  Alberto Fernandez at JFernandez@viquity.com wrote:

> One could used in-lined Stylesheets.The styleshet embeded in the
> ANT file. Xalan knows how to deal with this kind of thing.
> We would just need an option on ANT indicating the file should be passed
> thru Xalan and listen to the event produced by Xalan instead of the parser.
>
> No need for two passes with that....

-1 on requiring Xalan to use Ant. Or any XSLT processor for that matter.
I've been actually thinking that a custom built small 2 class parser (that
understood Ant's exact makeup and no more, didn't do validation, etc) would
be a good thing to have so that there wouldn't be any external dependancy on
a JAXP parser.

.duncan