ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Using old ant.jar in build.bat?
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2000 17:20:14 GMT

Tim Fennell wrote:

> I was just building the latest version of the source code and ran
> into a problem with the ant build.xml file using a task with
> semantics that were different from my current install.
>
> So, I played around a little, and fixed up the build.bat file. What
> I'm wondering is, after bootstrapping ant why does the build.bat
> file have this line:
>    for %%i in ($ANT_HOME%\lib\*.jar) do call lcp.bat %%i
> which puts the *old* jar(s) into the classpath.

This places *all* the jars in the %ANT_HOME%\lib directory into the
classpath.  This would include, for example, the JAXP or Xerces jar files.

I'm not sure why you assume that these jars are old.  If you want to update
the ant jar in this directory, simply build ant and specify the "install"
target.

> Works much better for me when I replace that with:
>    if exist .\lib\ant.jar call lcp.bat .\lib\ant.jar

This assumes that the only jar that you want is ant, and that the version
you want can be found relative to the current working directory.  In many
cases, I'm using this batch file/shell script from another directory; and
in the case of ant, typical usage would get you the exact same jar file
that you previous referred to as *old*.

Am I missing something?

- Sam Ruby