ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Everitt, Andrew" <Andrew.Ever...@gbr.xerox.com>
Subject RE: SourceSafe Task
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:59:47 GMT
Tim,

Thanks for the feedback, comments below ...

Can you send me the source with this mod and I will apply it to my version -
hopefully we will be able to do this in the ANT CVS before long ;-)

> - Would it be possible to take a SSDIR style parameter and
> when you do the
> exec do something like 'set SSDIR=mySSDIR; ss Get
> ..<snip>..'. This would
> allow people to access multiple SS repositories without
> having to play with
> environment variables
I can probably have a stab at implementing this - however I have only one
VSS database so testing would be hard :-(. I propose we leave this until the
code is in CVS then someone else can test and commit the patch.

> - While it is reasonable to expect people to have ss.exe in
> the path, why
> not make it an optional attribute with a default of ss.exe
> (which will just
> look in the path for it). Then people can override it and
> specify the full
> path.
A very good idea - I'll do this.

> - Do you have any understanding of the -O option? The VSS
> documentation is
> very sparse, but if this could be used to tone down the
> output that would be
> great!
I will look into adding some suitable attribute(s) - probably I will do the
handling in the base class since most VSS commands seem to support this
option!

Cheers,
Andi.