ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Glen_Stampoult...@ansett.com.au>
Subject Re: Jikes problems
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 05:30:56 GMT

>>I am having a few problems with Jikes and ant.  When I compile my code using
the
>>classic compiler all is well.  When trying jikes it complains about missing
>>classes.  When I compile for the second time the compile errors go away.
>>
>>Is this a problem with jikes or ant?
>
>depends on what version of ant/jdk/jikes you are running. Jikes will not by
>default add classes.zip, rt.jar or any of extensions jars into classpath.
>To fix this you need to manually place them in classpath. However I believe
>a recent version of ant will automatically add classes.zip (for jdk1.1) or
>rt.jar (for jdk1.2+) to classpath if you are using jikes.  Older jikes may
>also have "features"

I have the latest as far as I know.  The missing files it's complaining about
are
my projects files not the standard java library.  It seems something to do
with the dependency checking.

eg:

A depends on B

compile using build.compiler=jikes

A reports error.  B compiles.

compile again using build.compiler=jikes

A compiles because B is now compiled.

-- Glen

error please notify Ansett Australia immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Ansett Australia.

ABN Ansett Australia Ltd	37 004 209 410
ABN Ansett International Ltd	72 060 622 460