ant-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <russg...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Ant and Emacs compilation
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:41:27 GMT
At 08:51 AM 7/24/00 -0700, Anthony R. Milano" <milanoa@yahoo.com> wrote:
>The name of the Task which is running is now printed out along with the
>errors from the compiler.  The "[Javac]" prefix which has been added to
>the output seems to disrupt Emacs' ability to jump to the corresponding
>error line number within the appropriate file.  I made a small work
>around in DefaultLogger.java to not print the Task name for the Javac
>command but I was not sure if this was a known side effect of the new
>Logging output.
>
>I am curious to here any feedback anyone might have.

I have seen the same problem in SlickEdit - it didn't even occur to me that
this was the cause.   Perhaps the right answer is to move the task name to
the right side of
the line? Or somehow have javac simply put its task name on header footer
lines and not on the error lines (don't know what this would do to parallel
tasks).