ant-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <russg...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Style task (Mea culpa)
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:42:30 GMT
At 10:15 AM 7/19/00 -0400, you wrote:

>Does the style task check its targets to see if it has already run? It
>seems to be generating its results over and over for me.

Oops - I blamed the wrong task. The style task is behaving correctly.

The problem I am having is a bit different. I am using the style task to
generate a java file, which I then compile. The problem is that that file
is being recompiled over and over again, even thought STYLE is correctly
not generating it.

Now as I am using it, I understand why the recompilation is happening - the
generated java file has a package statement, but Style doesn't know to
place it in the appropriate directory, so javac thinks it needs to
recompile it.

Will the style task handle directory trees? I could just place the .xml
into the appropriate directory...