ant-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Vaughn <rvau...@seaconinc.com>
Subject Re: Why Properties became immutable
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:55:32 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> I fully agree. We shouldn't force a quick and dirty solution right
> now.
>
> XSLT and nested ant tasks are a workaround for the problems people
> face right now so please let's find a solution that keeps Ant as
> simple as possible. But we have to see that there are things people
> want to do with Ant that cannot be done without falling back to those
> workarounds.
>
> Stefan

I couldn't agree more.  Personally, I'm satisfied with the XSLT workaround
for now, but I would like to see this handled cleanly and natively as much
as you guys would.  Hasty decisions will just cause more angst.

IMO, with the direction you're taking here, I see Ant becoming much more
convenient and powerful than Make could ever hope to be.  Good job!

roger