ant-dev mailing list archives

From "John H. Lee" <j...@c.kiracom.com>
Subject Property value referencing another property
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:15:11 GMT
Excuse me if this is not the correct forum for user questions...I can't
find archives for this list (or any other Jakarta list!).  URL?

The Built in tasks --> Property section of the Ant User Manual states:

   The value part of the properties being set, might contain references
   to other properties. These references are resolved at the time these
   properties are set. This also holds for properties loaded from a
   property file.

I understand this to mean I can do something like:

<property file="my.properties" />

where my.properties contains:

home=/home/jlee
serverroot=${home}/serverroot

As I'm sure you know, ${serverroot} == "${home}/serverroot", not
"/home/jlee/serverroot".  Short of putting all properties in build.xml,
can anyone recommend a way to get around this?

Thanks!

-John