ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre, Sebastien" <spie...@rational.com>
Subject Re: Exec task does not stop after program error.
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 16:32:43 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Because there is no way in Java to change the working directory of a
> Process before you start it - contrast this with the dir attribute of
> Exec.

I'm gonna die !!!!!
How is it possible that you cannot change the current dir of a process
????? This is just horrible....I have been looking for something like
that because I have an application that loads external scrips that can
include other scripts with a relative path....so I have to 'cd' to the
script path before loading it to make the script's dependencies
satisfied.

What about the 'user.dir' property - does it really sets the path for
the whole VM ? Is it a reliable method ?

Thanks,
Seb.
--
Sebastien Pierre.-  spierre@rational.com \ French gov stole my liberty
R a t i o n a l   software | XML          \ see why/how on