ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre, Sebastien" <spie...@rational.com>
Subject Exec task does not stop after program error.
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2000 19:29:40 GMT
Hi folks!

Here's a weird stuff : ant doesn't stop when you exec a program that
returns an error.
For example I have a python script that validates a bunch of XML files,
and I'd like my makefile to stop when my script returns an error code -
but ant just doesn't care and continues - which leads to unecessary
processing.

I think it would be cool to have an option in the exec task that would
just let us specify if we care or not about the execution's result [as a
way to set some env vars for the command]. BTW, why do ant need a
platform-dependant shell-script to start a command ???

Thx,
Seb.

--
Sebastien Pierre.-  spierre@rational.com \ French gov stole my liberty
R a t i o n a l   software | XML          \ see why/how on