ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Recent logging aint emacs friendly
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 10:41:02 GMT
Hi,

Th recent loggin addition is not emacs friendly at all. Would it be
possible to change the DefaultLogger so that it doesn't output "   [task] "
at front of log messages. Alternatively it could be made dependant on a
property/PI ???

I have also been thinking that a PI that sets the formatter maybe a good
idea. Currently I run all my ant output through awk to rewrite "build/src/"
to "src/main" again to make it emacs friendly. Because then when you click
goto error it goes to error in original source rather than in src that has
been copied into build sub-directory. Is it worth making this a seperate
Logger ?

Cheers,

Pete