ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ernst de Haan <er...@jollem.com>
Subject Re: Javadoc task: author and version should be unset by default
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 08:48:11 GMT
Conor,

Yes that does make sense :) I've attached a diff that does what you
want. Still I feel that this makes things more complicated than they
should be, because the default behaviour of the standard doclet is to
_not_ include author and version info, but on the other hand I don't
think it's a big issue.

But if the user could somehow set the default doclet to something else
than the standard doclet (or a derivate), then we would run into
trouble, since I do not see a means to detect that situation.

I have tested this new version of the Javadoc task with my custom
doclet. See http://www.znerd.demon.nl/doclint/ for a description of the
doclet, a download link and info on how to use this doclet with Ant.

PS: I've also updated the documentation for the JavaDoc class, to make it more
readable and to include information on what changes I made.

Ernst