ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cognet.com.au>
Subject RE: Task Names vs Class Names ?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:02:10 GMT
Stefan,

I think you are talking about something a little different from Peter. I
actually included the capability to give a task a name in my multithreading
patch posted a while ago. When you are running multiple instances of the
java task (Junit and Weblogic server), it is important to distinguish which
one is saying what. It allowed me to have

<java taskname="junit" ...>

Now that usage would probably interfere with your requirement where you want
to know the tasktype. Perhaps we need to be able to tell a task the tasktype
is was invoked with as well as a taskname for logging, the taskname
defaulting to the tasktype by default.

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill