ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: jdk 1.1.7B
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:13:11 GMT
Christian,

Ant is able to compile with 1.1 (I can compile it with 1.1.8, which I do
regularly). I no longer have 1.1.7b installed. You need to make sure that no
Java 1.2 components are in your path. To be sure, run ant with the -verbose
option. Ant will tell you, amongst other things, what version of the JDK it
thinks you are running.

If you are running on windows then one possible reason for this problem is
that the JDK installer puts a copy of java.exe in the system32 directory.
Can you let me know if this is an issue for you. If so, I will make an entry
in the FAQ about it.

Conor