ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Spurious Output
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:21:54 GMT
> >  PD> * emacs-friendly output (ie never decided upon method)
> >
> > I didn't understand your problems - but I haven't tricked JDE into
> > using Ant for building projects yet, so I'm still running ant from
> > outside of my XEmacs.
>
> I can send you the .el file if you want :P. Basically the
> problem is that default logger adds "\t[taskname]" to output
> from any tasks. Usually emacs is able to pass jikes error
> messages but because of that prefix emacs doesn't recognize
> it as an error. In all my versions I just comment out that
> evil bit of code so I can automatically go to line where
> errior occurs. Much betterer :P

Pete,

Did you express your preference for fixing this. I think the choices are
1. An ant argument which modifies the behaviour of the default logger

ant -emacs

2. The ability to replace the default logger with a different logger.

ant -logger blah.EmacsFriendlyLogger

The distinction between -logger and -listener is that -logger implies the
right to write to standard out (or -logfile).

Conor