ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/bin lcp.bat ant.bat
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:12:25 GMT
Just to expand on this patch a little.

I have changed bootstrap so that doesn't delete the build classes from the
build it has done. It also sets ANT_HOME explicitly to "." and uses a new
"bootstrap" target. This target copies the lib and bin directories into the
ant project root.

I have changed the build.bat so that it forces ANT_HOME to ".". It will also
bootstrap automatically if lib\ant.jar is not present. I have also changed
it so that is calls ant.bat in the bin directory, created as part of the
bootstrap.

There are two new install targets. One, "fullinstall", installs the full ant
distribution into ANT_HOME. The other, "install", installs just the runtime
bits (no doco etc) into ANT_HOME. These targets are only executed if the
property ant.install is set. The build script sets this to the real value of
ANT_HOME before it sets ANT_HOME to ".". This means these targets should
only work if you use "build fullinstall" and not "ant fullinstall". My
intention here is to prevent you overwriting the jars and scripts that are
being executed by ant.

I have reworked ant.bat to take out the NT specific things (@setlocal). It
also uses the lcp.bat file, which I have moved, to set the classpath to
contain all jars in the ant lib directory.

If you want jars to be added to the classpath during bootstrap, create a lib
directory, if necessary, in the project root directory and place the jars in
there. The bootstrap will add them to the classpath as will the build
script.

Similarly if you add jars to %ANT_HOME%\lib, they will be added to the ant
classpath by ant.bat.

I have tested this on NT4 and Win98. Please let me have any feedback if this
new process causes you problems with builds.

That's it for now. I'll make the changes to the Unix scripts tomorrow along
similar lines.

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill