ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Exec.java uses NT-specific code, breaks on Win98
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2000 06:36:32 GMT
Alex,

I have committed a patch which should restore operation of exec under Win98.
There is an important limitation in this approach - only 9 arguments can be
passed to the command being exec'd. Any additional arguments will be
silently discarded.

I have tested for the presence of the characters "nt" in the OS string for
this patch but I think that may treat Windows 2000 like a Win98 system. Does
anyone know what Windows 2000 reports the OS name as?

Conor