ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: [RFC] AbstractTestlet with extended functionality
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:08:09 GMT
Peter, I'm not sure I've fully understood you intention.

I gather that you want to reduce the Task interface to achieve two
goals, (1) get rid of the setter methods for attributes and (2) get
some kind of automatic validation of the attributes.

For (1) I'm all against it, really. I'm very much fond of the way
attributes and nested elements are reflected into tasks. It would
probably also break scripting support.

For (2), I don't get it. How would that work? What kind of validation
could TaskContext (I assume it should happen there) provide?

Stefan