ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Brennan" <Michael_Bren...@Allegis.com>
Subject RE: Urgent help with Javac task
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 23:43:48 GMT
I've just started using Ant (and am new to this list). I tried the "modern"
option and found the same thing. When I looked in the Ant source, I saw that
this option is not actually implemented (it does nothing).

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Alberto Fernandez [mailto:JFernandez@viquity.com]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2000 4:24 PM
To: Ant Project List (E-mail)
Subject: Urgent help with Javac task

I sent a message a few days ago, but I got no response. I hope I have better
luck this time.

I really want to use Ant on a project I am working on, which requires the
compiler of JDK 1.3 due to bugs in the 1.2.x compilers.

The code compiles fine in JDK 1.3 when using our old building process based
on make. So the code is fine. When using Ant, if I compile using the classic
option and JDK 1.3 the compiler complains about syntax errors (JDK 1.2
compiler bugs); if I use modern option there are no complaints but no output
classes are generated.

Can someone tell me what can I do to solve this problem, I want to make ant
our development environment but it will be really hard without this working
right.

Please give me any advise,

Jose Alberto

 <<Jose  Alberto Fernandez.vcf>>