ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Toomey <toome...@yahoo.com>
Subject Does Ant (task javac) search CLASSPATH?
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 21:16:29 GMT
I'm a new user of Ant and have a question.

Does the javac task work the same way as the JDK's
javac command? If it tries to compile A.java which
references class B, and B.class doesn't exist, will it
 traverse the entire CLASSPATH, looking for B.java,
compile it, and then compile A.java?

I installed Ant from ant-20000628.zip on Windows NT,
and it's not doing that for me.

My environment looks like this:
________
| dir1 |
--------
| dir2 |                        | dir3 |
 A.java(package dir2)           B.java(package dir3)

My classpath contains dir1.

An "import dir3.B" statement in A.java fails.

Thanks for any help.

Kevin.