ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/lib xml.jar
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2000 19:47:25 GMT

Pier wrote:
> XERCES include a full free and open-source "do what you want"
> implementation of the JAXP classes, (the javax.xml.parsers package), so,
> you can just plug it in your classpath and it'll work.
> If someone wants to use ProjectX, then, he just need to replace the JAR,
> and the thing will be done automagically...

I didn't know that.  Cool!

What I would like to see is if there is general agreement on the course of
action.  The todos as I see it are:

1) add a xerces target to ant's build.xml which will build a minimal
xml.jar (i.e., excluding everything that is not required).  This target
will not be a dependency of main.

2) modify ant (and presumably Tomcat) to use javax.xml.parsers

3) replace xml.jar found in ant with this version for bootstraping
purposes.

- Sam Ruby