allura-users mailing list archives

From Tim Van Steenburgh <tvansteenbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Allura app
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 20:01:54 GMT
Hey Chris,

You'll need to run `python setup.py develop` in the root of you new App in order for Allura
to see the new entry point.

Tim

On Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Chris Riegel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to develop a new Allura app, but I'm in need of just a little direction to get
off and running.

> I've started from the ForgeLink app and cloned that into a template for my new app.
However, after essentially modifying occurrences of "link" and "Link" with another string
the new app does not appear under the "Tools" menu on the "Admin" screen.  What needs to be
done to have the new app added to the tools menu?

> I thought I might have made a mistake somewhere in my cloning of the ForgeLink app, so
I also downloaded the ForgePastebin app from SF.net (http://SF.net) and tried installing that
by removing the "status='beta'" line in the app.py file, but I'm not able to see the Pastebin
app on the Admin screen either.  Perhaps Pastebin doesn't have a configuration window on the
Admin>Tools screen?