allura-users mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Status of allura import
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 18:05:57 GMT
Three options come to mind, but you'll have to try them to see if they work

1) Do a ticket search for all tickets with priority X and then use bulk edit
from that page to set a new priority.  There might be bugs with bulk edit and
custom fields though.  https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/5673/ reports a
few issues

2) Use the regular (not import) API to set the priority fields.
https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Allura%20API/#tracker has docs.  I
don't know offhand how that API deals with data types

3) Make the import API handle different data types better, and do a fresh
import.  This would be nice for other people interested in doing imports, but
would require some patches to Allura server-side, receiving the import data.

On 3/29/13 2:25 PM, Jon Schewe wrote:
> [...]
>     <mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net>>
>     >     >     <mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net <mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net>
>     <mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net <mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net>>>
>     >     >     >             <mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net <mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net>
>     >     <mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net <mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net>>
>     <mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net <mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net>
>     >     <mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net <mailto:jpschewe@mtu.net>>>>>
wrote:
>     >     >     >
>     >     >     >                 I'll try. Should I post them back to the list?
>     >     >     >
>     >     >     >
>     >     >     >                 On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Rich Bowen
>     >     >     <rbowen@rcbowen.com <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com>
>     <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com>>
>     >     <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com>
>     <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com>>>
>     >     >     >                 <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com
>     <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com>
>     >     <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com>>
>     <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com>
>     >     <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com <mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com>>>>>
>     >     >     wrote:
>     >     >     >
>     >     >     >                     So, I see you've got a new ticket open
>     >     about this, which
>     >     >     >                     seems to indicate that you're making
>     >     progress. I was
>     >     >     >                     wondering if we could persuade you to
>     >     take really good
>     >     >     notes
>     >     >     >                     and produce some docs of how this
>     >     process works?
>     >     >     >
>     >     >     >                     --Rich
>     >     >     >
>     >     >     >                     On Feb 23, 2013, at 4:53 PM, Jon Schewe
>     >     wrote:
>     >     >     >
>     >     >     >>                     Things have settled down on my project
>     >     a bit now, so I've
>     >     >     >>                     gone ahead with the migration. I
>     >     haven't migrated the
>     >     >     >>                     tickets yet because the code link
is
>     >     broken. If
>     >     >     anyone has
>     >     >     >>                     any insight into this, it would be
much
>     >     appreciated.
>     >     https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/5844/
>     >     >     >>                     Once this is resolved I'll try the
>     >     ticket import.
>     >     >     >>                     On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Rich
Bowen