allura-users mailing list archives

From Jon Schewe <jpsch...@mtu.net>
Subject Re: Status of allura import
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 22:56:37 GMT
Here are my notes that I used to track my progress doing this migration. I
needed to make some changes to allura_import.py, those changes are
reflected in the pull request for allura ticket 6020. One big downside to
the new tracker is the lack of ability to sort the saved search results by
priority.

Some python modules needed to be installed, but I don't remember which ones
beyond the following:
  * python-paste

Steps
  * notify developers of the potential migration
  * Migrate the wiki manually - there are some scripts on gist to help wi
th this, although I didn't end up using them.
    * <https://gist.github.com/619537>
    * <https://gist.github.com/1286682>
  * Update website redirection.
  * Notify all developers of the migration.
  * Remove ticket write permissions
  * Start migration.
  * Use `~/src/allura-git/scripts/trac_export.py` to export the tickets to
allura-import.json
   * ./scripts/trac_export.py --no-attachments -o
~/projects/fll-sw/allura-import.json --only-tickets -v
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fll-sw/
    * Keep repeating this until it doesn't fail, it seems to timeout quite
a bit
  * Request import API key
  * Use `~/src/allura-git/scripts/allura_import.py` with `user_map.json`
and allura-import.json to import tickets
    * PYTHONPATH=~/src/allura-git/Allura
    * export PYTHONPATH
    * python ~/src/allura-git/scripts/allura_import.py \
      -a API \
      -s SECRET \
      -p fll-sw \
      -t issues \
      -u https://sourceforge.net \
      --user-map=user_map.json \
      --verbose \
      allura-import.json
  * Manually add milestones
  * Manually pull the attachments for tickets.
    * worked from trac files backup, didn't have many so manually worked
  * Update wiki documentation for where to file bugs
  * Notify developers

--
http://mtu.net/~jpschewe